Page 2 of 2 Previous
“It’s a big concern,” he said. “No matter how good your guys are or how good they’re coached, you can only say the same thing over and over and over again.
“You keep having injuries. You keep getting beat down. It’s hard. But we just keep telling them, ‘There’s nothing we can do about it. The season’s not stopping. The games are going to keep coming.’ ”
Monday’s game brought Adelman back together with Heat veteran forward Shane Battier, whom Adelman coached when both were in Houston.
Battier isn’t one of the Heat’s “Big Three,” but he’s still one more reason Miami just keeps winning.
“He’s going to do all the little things you need,” Adelman said.
“He’ll get on the floor. He’s going to take a charge. He’s going to make shots. Just don’t have him put it on the floor and try to make a play.”
• Wolves rookie Alexey Shved shot 18.5 percent in his four games entering Monday night. “He’s a young player and he’s letting things affect him,” Adelman said. “He’s got to learn in this league that you’re going to get beat down and you’re going to have to respond. That’s how you get better.”
• The Timberwolves on Monday launched their “Get Closer” season-ticket campaign featuring separate television spots with Rubio, Kirilenko, Pekovic and Stiemsma.
• A Malcolm Lee sighting: The injured Wolves guard returned to Target Center on Monday, walking the halls on crutches after he had separate January surgeries on his knee and hip.
• Newly acquired Lynx center Janel McCarville attended the game and signed autographs at halftime.
• Love arranged a postgame meeting between Pekovic and Hollywood actor Zach Galifianakis Thursday night in Los Angeles. Big Pek is a big fan of the film “The Hangover,” in which Galifianakis co-starred, and Love somehow got both their heads together in the same photograph. “He’s really funny,” Pekovic said.
|San Diego||10||2nd Qtr 7:59|
|Washington||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|San Francisco||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Seattle||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Chicago||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Houston||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Buffalo||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|New England||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Philadelphia||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Kansas City||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|NY Jets||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|Arizona||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|New Orleans||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Green Bay||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Cincinnati||12/15/13 7:30 PM|
|Baltimore||12/16/13 7:40 PM|
|LA Clippers||44||3rd Qtr|
|Columbus||3||3rd Prd 3:15|
|Montreal||0||3rd Prd 4:16|
|Buffalo||1||3rd Prd 19:01|
|Toronto||1||2nd Prd 6:06|
|Dallas||1||2nd Prd 6:04|
|Colorado||2||2nd Prd 1:46|
|Carolina||0||1st Prd 6:31|
|NY Islanders||1||1st Prd 6:35|
|Coll of Charleston||68|
|Savannah State||31||2nd Half 11:07|
|Fla Atlantic||22||1st Half 11:25|
|Army||12/14/13 2:00 PM|
|SE Missouri St||72|
|Texas Southern||55||2nd Half 11:51|
|(16) Georgia||65||2nd Half 6:24|
|(21) Iowa||42||2nd Half 10:12|
|(17) Iowa State||59|
|Eureka||45||2nd Half 4:58|
|Arkansas State||36||2nd Half 10:18|
|Denver||20||1st Half 8:46|
Poll: Do you agree with baseball's plan to ban collisions at home plate?