• EDINA 27, MINNETONKA 20 (OT): The Class 6A, No. 10 Hornets upset the No. 5 Skippers in overtime as quarterback Mark Handberg rallied his team from down seven in the fourth quarter with a touchdown pass in the final period and the clincher in overtime Friday. Minnetonka's Nick Rooney threw three touchdowns to George Buchner.
• ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 27, HILL-MURRAY 25: The Class 5A, No. 2 Cadets prevailed in a tough matchup over the Pioneers almost solely on the power of Wyatt Schmidt's left leg. Schmidt connected on field goals of 40, 37, 25, and 28 yards as the Cadets only needed one offensive touchdown -- a 25-yard run by Alex Stevson -- to beat Hill-Murray. Michael Alada had three touchdowns for the Pioneers.
• TRI-CITY UNITED 16, MAYER LUTHERAN 13 (OT): The Titans improved to 4-0 in a thrilling victory over Crusaders in a clash of unbeatens.
• HOLY ANGELS 42, SHAKOPEE 34: Quarterback Sam Keis was all over the field for the Stars, throwing for 234 yards and four touchdowns while adding 88 yards and another pair of scores on the ground. Opposing quarterback Nick Larson was no slouch either, as he ran and passed for two touchdowns apiece.
• ANDOVER 21, ELK RIVER 14: The Huskies rode the arm of Connor Wilkie to victory, as the quarterback went 13-for-21 with 210 yards and three touchdowns, and added a two-point conversion. Tyler Evans was Wilkie's most frequent target (seven catches for 118 yards and a touchdown), while Justin Freyholz made the most of his two receptions, taking both for touchdowns. Denis Bardashevsky was the workhorse for the Elks, carrying 21 times for 97 yards (4.6 average) and a touchdown, while teammate Nick Johnson had 11 carries for 100 yards.
• APPLE VALLEY 28, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 27 (OT): The Eagles raced out to a 21-0 lead, and weathered a Cougars comeback -- including an 18-point fourth quarter -- by outscoring Lakeville South 7-6 in overtime to grind out the victory. Dom McDew-Stauffer rushed 19 times for 152 yards (8.0 average) and accounted for two of the Eagles' three regulation scores, as well as the clincher in overtime, plunging in from 1, 2 and 3 yards. Jordan Johnson rushed for three touchdowns for the Cougars.
• EASTVIEW 15, EAGAN 12: Eastview prevailed on Jay Fluegge's 24-yard field goal with 4.9 seconds remaining. Will Rains scored two touchdowns in the first half for the Lightning, scoring from 2 and 6 yards.
• PRIOR LAKE 17, ROSEMOUNT 7: The Lakers used a consistent, efficient attack on both the ground (193 yards) and air (6-for-8, 118 yards) to topple the Irish in Rosemount. Jack Johnson led the attack for Prior Lake, rushing 24 times for 113 yards (4.7 average) and a touchdown.
• DELASALLE 61, ST. PAUL ACADEMY 10: The Class 4A, No. 1 Islanders raced to a 34-0 first-quarter lead and extended it to 55-0 by halftime in routing the Spartans. Quarterback Billy Hart was responsible for the first four touchdowns of the game (two runs, two passes) while the last five were all on runs from Chris Williams (4, 3, 31, 17, and 11 yards).
|Kansas City - LP: B. Chen||1||FINAL|
|Cleveland - WP: C. Kluber||5|
|Cincinnati - WP: T. Cingrani||2||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - LP: B. Cumpton||1|
|Chicago WSox - LP: J. Quintana||4||FINAL|
|Detroit - WP: M. Scherzer||7|
|St. Louis - LP: L. Lynn||1||FINAL|
|NY Mets - WP: B. Colon||4|
|Minnesota - WP: R. Nolasco||9||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - LP: E. Bedard||7|
|Arizona - WP: M. Bolsinger||5||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: E. Jackson||2|
|San Diego||0||Bottom 1st Inning|
|Baltimore||0||Top 1st Inning|
|NY Yankees - C. Sabathia||6:10 PM|
|Boston - F. Doubront|
|Oakland - S. Kazmir||7:10 PM|
|Houston - B. Oberholtzer|
|Philadelphia - K. Kendrick||9:10 PM|
|Los Angeles - D. Haren|
|Oklahoma City||7:00 PM|
|LA Clippers||9:30 PM|
|San Jose||9:30 PM|