• The Vikings' 2020 schedule is tied for the 10th most difficult in the league. Next season's opponents had a combined 131-123-2 record in 2019 (.516 winning percentage). The only team in the NFC North with a tougher schedule is the Lions at 134-121-1. The Vikings' opponents this season finished with combined record of 121-133-2.
• Former Gophers defensive back Tramaine Brock played for the Titans on Saturday night in their AFC divisional matchup against the Ravens. Brock had 45 tackles this season and had four more in last week's 20-13 wild-card victory over the Patriots.
• Speaking of New England, the Las Vegas sportsbooks have the Vikings tied for the eighth-highest odds to have Tom Brady next season.
• Rich Hill, the veteran lefthander signed by the Twins on Dec. 31, has the sixth-best strikeout rate per nine innings of any pitcher with at least 50 starts since 2015. Only Chris Sale, Max Scherzer, Robbie Ray, Yu Darvish and Stephen Strasburg have done better.
• Twins General Manager Thad Levine on the chance that Miguel Sano could wind up at first base: "It's a consideration. He has played first base in the past in the major leagues. He always rises to the occasion, and I think he does a nice job over there. We like the fact that he can still play at third base."
• Pro Football Focus ranked Gophers sophomore Tanner Morgan as the ninth-best quarterback in college football in its end-of-year rankings. It also had two Gophers players in its top 100 NFL draft prospects, with Tyler Johnson at No. 31 and Antoine Winfield Jr. at 77.
• PFF had this note about Vikings center Garrett Bradbury: "Eleven of Bradbury's 26 pressures allowed on the season came against the Packers."
• After averaging 10.8 points and 6.5 rebounds for the Wolves last season, Taj Gibson is averaging 4.5 points and 4.4 rebounds for the Knicks in 34 games.