• Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski on the challenges Denver presents: "They're the fourth-ranked defense, and it is no mystery because you turn on the tape and it's really impressive. They can get after the quarterback, they are stout against the run, they have players at every level of the defense, they are obviously well-coached. We will have our work cut out for us."
• Safety Harrison Smith broke down what he sees from the Broncos offense: "Good running back, big-play receiver outside, tight end that can run, got a good defense for a long time. Their record I'm sure is not what they want, but they have played every team very close. They're a good football team."
• Kirk Cousins has faced Denver only once in his career, throwing for 299 yards and three scores in a 27-11 victory in 2017 with Washington.
• According to Pro Football Focus, the Lions' Frank Ragnow of Chanhassen is ranked as the best center in the NFL and the Redskins' Chase Roullier of Burnsville is No. 3. The Vikings' Garrett Bradbury ranks No. 28 but has been much better of late.
• The Vikings are 2-7 in Seattle, where they will play after the bye week on "Monday Night Football." They last won there in 2006 with Mike Holmgren and Brad Childress coaching.
• With the Twins already losing hitting coach James Rowson to Miami and bench coach Derek Shelton likely leaving for Pittsburgh, you have to wonder if they will give manager Rocco Baldelli a big pay raise after he became the youngest winner ever of the AL Manager of the Year award.
• The Wolves' Andrew Wiggins has scored 8,053 points and has a chance to reach 9,000 this season at the age of 24. Only seven players have done that in history — LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady, Anthony Davis and Shaquille O'Neal.