• The Vikings offensive line through two weeks has helped the Vikings rank first in the NFC in rushing yards at 185.0 per game. And they are tied for third in allowing just two sacks of Kirk Cousins. For comparison, the Packers are 11th in rushing at 95.5 yards per game and 24th in sacks, having allowed seven sacks on Aaron Rodgers.
• The Gophers are just 6-21 all-time at Purdue, where they will kickoff Big Ten Conference play next week, but they have won two of their past five there, including a 41-13 win in 2015.
• After their first three games, the Gophers ranked No. 13 in the nation in average time of possession at 34 minutes per game, Wisconsin ranked first with an average of 37 minutes, and Iowa ranked sixth with an average of 36 minutes.
• According to USA Today, the Gophers paid a combined $1.25 million to North Dakota State and Georgia Southern to play at TCF Bank Stadium. For comparison, Michigan paid Middle Tennessee $1.6 million for their game on Aug. 31 in Ann Arbor.
• Bill Pohlad, who doesn't work on the day-to-day operations of the Twins but is on their executive board, had a big hit when he directed "Love and Mercy," a film about the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson back in 2014. His next film is another music movie called "Dreamin' Wild" and the big news is Pohlad will also write the film, the first time he has done that in nearly three decades.
• Former Twin Eduardo Escobar has over 30 homers, 10 triples and 100 RBI for the Diamondbacks — that has only been accomplished two other times since 2000.
• Spotrac reported that 62.5% of quarterbacks in the NFL this season were drafted in the first round. Two exceptions are Cousins, who was drafted in the fourth round, and former Vikings QB Case Keenum, who went undrafted.