• For all the talk of Miguel Sano returning to the roster, he had been limited to just 301 of a possible 528 games over the past three-plus seasons before he rejoined the lineup for the Twins series with Seattle on Thursday. In that time, he had hit .238 with 66 home runs and 184 RBI.
• Vikings GM Rick Spielman has long looked to add late-round draft picks and undrafted free agents to his top picks. ESPN Stats & Information reported that last season there were twice as many snaps played by undrafted free agents as players picked in the sixth or seventh round.
• The rumors are that if Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph is traded, he would go to the Patriots, who lost Rob Gronkowski to retirement and have been acquiring a lot of tight ends. They have already signed Matt LaCosse, Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Ben Watson.
• The Vikings are hoping running back Alexander Mattison, their third-round draft pick out of Boise State, can help replace some of Latavius Murray's production. Mattison rushed for 172.3 yards per game over his final four college contests.
• NFL analyst Lance Zierlein expects the Vikings to get three extra draft picks next season in compensatory picks because they lost free agents Sheldon Richardson, Nick Easton and Murray.
• Vikings defensive end Stephen Weatherly is a big champion of mental health awareness and recently attended an NFL Suicide Prevention Night in Arizona.
• FanGraphs, which does baseball standings predictions, gives the Twins an 87.9% chance of making the playoffs.
• On top of their first-round draft pick, the Timberwolves will have a second-round pick they acquired from Charlotte (No. 43 overall) in 2015. The Wolves lost their own second-rounder (No. 40) when they traded for Tyus Jones' draft rights that year.