Saturday: 7:30 p.m. at Lambeau Field (Ch. 11, 100.3-FM, 1130-AM)
About the Packers
• The Packers (7-7) were eliminated from playoff contention last week after a 31-24 loss in Carolina, featuring the return of quarterback Aaron Rodgers, and an Atlanta win on Monday. Rodgers threw three interceptions, including two in the third quarter as the Panthers pulled away.
• Rodgers’ season ended as he was again placed on injured reserve this week. For the first time since 2008, Green Bay hosts a game at Lambeau Field on Saturday without any hope of a postseason. The Vikings have won three of the past four against the Packers.
• Receiver Davante Adams, leading the Packers with 74 catches for 885 yards and 10 touchdowns, has already been ruled out for Saturday after an illegal blindside hit from Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis, who is serving a one-game suspension.
• Cornerback Damarious Randall, who intercepted Case Keenum on Oct. 15, has five pass deflections (one pick) in the past four games.
Player speak | QB Brett Hundley
• Quarterback Brett Hundley, a 2015 fifth-round pick out of UCLA, will make his eighth start of the season since first stepping in for the injured Rodgers against the Vikings two months ago.
• Hundley has completed 64 percent of his passes for 1,534 yards, eight touchdowns and eight interceptions this season. Three of those picks came against the Vikings in Green Bay’s Oct. 15 loss.
• The third-year QB played perhaps his best game in his latest start. Hundley completed 76 percent of his passes for 265 yards and three touchdowns (no interceptions) in an overtime win in Cleveland.
• Zimmer on Hundley: “You can tell he’s watched Rodgers for some years and he’s got a lot of the same mannerisms on a lot of the things. They’ve changed a little bit [of their offense for Hundley].”
Coach speak | Mike McCarthy
• McCarthy is in his 12th NFL season as Packers head coach with a 131-76-1 record (10-8 in the playoffs).
• The Packers will miss the postseason for just the third time since hiring McCarthy in 2006. Only the New England Patriots (one) have fewer absences from the playoffs in that span.
• On shutting down Rodgers after the Panthers loss: “Our program understands the importance of Aaron Rodgers to our football team, but using criteria that’s in place you have to meet to put players on IR — Aaron’s definitely in that category. It’s in his best interest that we put him on IR.”
• On coaching players without hope of the playoffs: “It’s disappointing. It’s a standard that’s unacceptable here, but we’re playing for something different Saturday night. I expect our team to go out there and win the game.”