Eastview wins in two OTs
• EASTVIEW 3, EAST RIDGE 2 (2 OTs): Natalie Snodgrass’ shorthanded goal at 15 minutes, 18 seconds of the second overtime lifted the Lightning to a Class 2A, Section 3 semifinal victory Saturday. Eastview’s Mary Keating scored at 6:34 of the third period to tie the score 2-2. Snodgrass also scored midway through the second period to make it 1-1. East Ridge had reached the semifinals with a 3-2, six-overtime victory over Apple Valley.
• MOUNDS VIEW 2, NORTH ST. PAUL/TARTAN 1: Sydney Brodt scored with 48 seconds left to lift the Mustangs in the Class 2A, Section 4 quarterfinals. North St. Paul/Tartan led 1-0 on a first-period goal by Jordan Jackson, but Brodt scored early in the third period to tie it.
• WHITE BEAR LAKE 4, IRONDALE 2: Sydney Shearen scored twice to fuel the Bears’ Class 2A, Section 4 quarterfinal victory. Shearn’s first goal came 10 seconds after Irondale had tied the score 1-1 midway through the first period. Her second goal — at 2:37 of the second period — extended the Bears’ lead to 3-1.
• SPRING LAKE PARK/COON RAPIDS 2, ANOKA 1: Spring Lake Park/Coon Rapids held off the Tornadoes in the Class 2A, Section 5 quarterfinals. Taylor Turnquist scored both goals for Spring Lake Park/Coon Rapids, which advances to play top-seeded Maple Grove in the section semifinals Tuesday. Turnquist’s second goal — in the first minute of the third period — made it 2-0. Courtney Thorpe scored at 6:27 of the third period for Anoka.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 2, HOPKINS/ST. LOUIS PARK 0: The game was scoreless for the first 47 minutes before the Red Knights scored twice in the final four minutes to earn the Class 2A, Section 6 quarterfinal victory. Amanda Nylander scored at 13:33 of the third period and Samantha Deterding added an empty-net goal with 57 seconds left. Anna DeGiulio had 37 saves to earn the shutout for the Red Knights, who will play top-seeded Edina in the section semifinals on Wednesday.
• WAYZATA 10, NORTH METRO 2: The Trojans scored six first-period goals and advanced to the Class 2A, Section 6 semifinal. Natalie Heising had two goals and two assists.
• NORTHFIELD 2, AUSTIN 1: Anne Hargis scored at 6:35 of the third period to break a 1-1 tie and help the Raiders edge the Packers in the Class 1A, Section 1 semifinals. Hargis had scored at 1:04 of the second period to tie it 1-1.
• FOREST LAKE 5, GRAND RAPIDS/GREENWAY 1: Madi Nolan had three goals — two in the third period — and an assist to propel the Rangers in the Class 2A, Section 7 semifinals. The Rangers, the No. 2 seed, will play top-seeded Elk River/Zimmerman on Thursday.
• ELK RIVER/ZIMMERMAN 4, ANDOVER 3: Breanna Simon and Andrea Westgaard each scored twice to help Elk River/Zimmerman advance to the Class 2A, Section 7 championship game. Simon and Westgaard each scored in the first five minutes of the third period to stake Elk River/Zimmerman to a 4-2 lead.
• BURNSVILLE 3, ROSEMOUNT 2 (OT): Tyler Smith scored 6:49 into overtime to lift the Class 2A, No. 19 Blaze past the Irish. The Blaze scored three unanswered goals after Griffin Lanoue scored twice for Rosemount in the first period. Cade Borchardt scored early in the second period to start the comeback. Brendan Larsen tied the score just past the midway point of the third period. Nick Hart stopped 37 shots for the Irish.
• GRAND RAPIDS 5, HOLY FAMILY 3: Alex Adams had a hat trick and added an assist to lead the Thunderhawks to a victory over the Class 2A, No. 2 Fire at Grand Rapids’ Grussendorf Park. Adams scored early in the third period to break a 3-3 tie.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 5, EDEN PRAIRIE 3: Jacob Holmers, Connor Mayer and Auggie Moore gave the Class 2A, No. 1 Knights a first period lead before having to hold off the No. 4 Eagles. Cade Gleekel scored a pair of goals, including the game-winner, for the Knights. Casey Mittelstadt sparked the Eagles’ comeback attempt with a goal and two assists.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 3, DULUTH EAST 2: Ryan Poehling had a hand in all three goals to help the Class 2A, No. 8 Panthers outlast the No. 14 Greyhounds at Duluth’s Bayfront Festival Park. Poehling had a goal and two assists as the Panthers took a 3-1 lead into the third period. Ryan Peterson scored twice for the Greyhounds, who had an eight-game winning streak end.
• EASTVIEW 6, SHAKOPEE 5: Nate Bordson and Joe Stillings scored power-play goals in the final two minutes to rally the Lightning to the South Suburban victory. Stillings’ goal at 15:21 tied the game 5-5 and Bordson scored the winner at 16:13.
• BRECK 9, PROVIDENCE ACADEMY 2: Chase Ellingson and Harrison Klopp each scored two goals for the Class 1A, No. 2 Mustangs.
• BLAINE 7, COON RAPIDS 1: Riley Tufte finished with three goals and two assists and Luke Notermann had two goals and three assists to lead the Class 2A, No. 6 Bengals over the Cardinals.
Delano stays hot
• DELANO 89, BLAKE 44: Blake Kreklow scored 24 points to lead the Class 3A, No. 5 Tigers to their 19th victory in 22 games, this one a rout of the Bears.
• CHASKA 72, CHANHASSEN 67: Myles Hanson scored 27 points to help the Class 4A, No. 10 Hawks outlast the Storm.