BASKETBALL • GIRLS
Edina wins battle of ranked teams
• EDINA 42, ROCHESTER JOHN MARSHALL 31: Jill Morton scored 18 points as the Hornets, ranked No. 10 in Class 4A, handed the Rockets, ranked No. 5 in Class 4A, their first loss of the season. Morton, a senior guard, surpassed 1,000 points for her career.
BASKETBALL • BOYS
• EAST RIDGE 66, WEST SALEM (WIS.) 33: Seth Green scored 18 points and Bobby Remke scored 16 to lead the Raptors, ranked No. 8 in Class 4A, to the victory in La Crosse, Wis.
• MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 80, MARANATHA CHRISTIAN 51: Tyler Johnson scored 19 points to pace the Polars, ranked No. 1 in Class 1A, past the Mustangs, ranked No. 2 in Class 1A. Jeremiah Hanson scored 19 to lead the Mustangs.
HOCKEY • BOYS
• HILL-MURRAY 3, ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 2 (OT): Jake Wittl’s goal at 4:30 of the overtime lifted Pioneers, ranked No. 3 in Class 2A, past the Cadets, ranked No. 4 in Class 2A, at Holman Field. The Cadets’ Alec Broetzman scored with 1:59 remaining in the third period to tie the score 2-2.
HOCKEY • GIRLS
• BLAKE 7, TOTINO-GRACE 2: Carly Bullock’s hat trick paced the Bears, ranked No. 1 in Class 1A, past the Eagles.
• CENTENNIAL 7, ANDOVER 3: Freshman Gabbie Hughes had four goals and an assist to lead the Cougars to the Northwest Suburban victory.
• MAPLE GROVE 3, HILL-MURRAY 2 (OT): Abby Larson’s goal with four seconds remaining in the overtime lifted the Crimson, ranked No. 2 in Class 2A, past the Pioneers, ranked No. 4 in Class 2A, at Aldrich Arena. Katie Denecke had a goal and assist for the Crimson, who improved to 19-1-1.
• GLENVILLE-EMMONS ENDS STREAK: The Glenville-Emmons girls basketball team defeated Immanuel Lutheran 55-35 on Friday to end a 50-game losing streak. The victory was the first for the Wolverines, 1-10 this season, since Dec. 18, 2012.