Miami sweeps St. Cloud State
• MIAMI 4, ST. CLOUD STATE 3: Justin Greenberg scored with 2.6 seconds left in the third period, giving the eighth-seeded RedHawks a victory and a two-game sweep of the top-seeded Huskies in St. Cloud. Miami advances to the NCHC Frozen Faceoff semifinals on Friday at Target Center. St. Cloud State took a 2-0 first-period lead on goals by Kevin Gravel and Jimmy Murray. But the RedHawks tied it in the third on goals by Sean Kuraly and Austin Czarnik. Nic Dowd gave the Huskies a 3-2 lead on a power-play goal at 9:20 of the third.
• WESTERN MICHIGAN 4, MINNESOTA DULUTH 3: Justin Kovacs and Kenney Morrison scored third-period goals as the fifth-seeded Broncos rallied to beat the fourth-seeded Bulldogs in Duluth and sweep the first-round series. Tony Cameranesi and Dominic Toninato gave UMD a 2-0 lead in the first period, and Joe Basaraba made it 3-2 for Duluth in the second.
•COLORADO COLLEGE 3, NORTH DAKOTA 2 (OT): Alex Roos scored 7 minutes into overtime as the seventh-seed Tigers beat second-seeded UND in Grand Forks and forced a decisive third game on Sunday.
• DENVER 2, OMAHA 0: Ty Loney's goal at 6:16 of the third period and Zac Larraza's empty-netter enabled the Pioneers to win the best-of-thee series 2-1. Denver goalie Sam Brittain made 34 saves for the shutout.
Badgers start fast, edge Michigan State
• WISCONSIN 4, MICHIGAN STATE 3: After losing to the host Spartans 5-4 Friday in overtime, the Badgers took a 4-0 lead in the opening period. Nic Kerdiles, Gavin Hartzog, Sean Little and Grant Besse, a freshman from Benilde-St. Margaret's, staked Wisconsin (22-10-2, 13-6-1) to the big lead.
• PENN STATE 4, OHIO STATE 2: The host Nittany Lions (7-25-2, 3-16-1) took a 2-0 lead on goals by Nate Jensen and Curtis Loik in the first seven minutes. Teammate Tommy Olczyk made it 3-1 PSU late in the first period.
• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 5, NORTHERN MICHIGAN 4 (OT): Zach Stepan's goal at 16:32 of overtime enabled the second-seeded Mavericks to sweep the best-of-three series. Bryce Gervais had two goals for MSU Mankato which outshot the Wildcats 58-32.
• FERRIS STATE 3, BEMIDJI STATE 2: Scott Czarnowczan's shorthanded goal at 5:15 of the second overtime gave the Bulldogs a sweep. Phil Brewer and Nate Arentz scored for Bemidji State.