FOR SALE: Pedestrian Safety Kit -
$79.99 ... NOW Only $49.99
The City of Robbinsdale's Mayor Regan Murphy has officially proclaimed May as "Step To It" Month. Robbinsdale joins communities in Hennepin County that aim to encourage residents to live healthier lifestyles and record their movements.
Read the Full Proclamation here.
To win this friendly competition, residents are going to have to walk, walk, walk! But, it's recommended by the Mayor that residents be safe by carrying a flashlight, wearing reflective clothing, making full eye contact with drivers, carrying a form of identification, and walking defensively.
Always remember to be mindful of drivers who are inattentive, texting, drinking, and/or speeding. Remember: cars have the right-of-way, even if State law says otherwise. Always be on alert, because distracted walking is dangerous walking. Walking the streets of Robbinsdale is dangerous, you NEED top-notch gear!
I aim to help residents of Robbinsdale by selling the affordable Pedestrian Safety Kit! The below kit can be yours for ONLY $49.99.
Included in the Pedestrian Safety Kit:
- (1) Bright Safety Vest: When walking on a sidewalk or the countless streets in Robbinsdale without sidewalks, you need to be visible. Cars traversing neighborhood streets at the design speed (45mph) must be able to see you from at least 200 feet away.
- (2) Reflective Arm Bands: Be visible, stay alive. It's not just your torso that needs to be reflective. Cars rolling stop signs should be able to see your arms swinging. Reflective arm bands are a must!
- (2) Flash Lights (one per hand): As requested by the Mayor, please have a flash light. It helps make pedestrians visible along suburban streets without proper street lighting. Having residents each individually purchase flash lights really cuts down on the municipal budget.
- (1) Large Pair of Goggly Eyes (attach to Safety Vest): Making eye contact with every driver can be hard when so many drivers are texting nowadays. Plus, it's always so awkward to look at every passing vehicle. Attach these Large Goggly Eyes to the back of your safety vest. You might not make real eye contact with the driver, but they'll see you, slow down, and stare confusingly. A big safety improvement!
- (1) Identification Holder: While not required by law, it's encouraged you bring along some form of Government Issued Identification. When paramedics arrive on the scene of your car-on-pedestrian accident, it's best if the hospital can easily notify your family.
You might look ridiculous, but it's better than being dead or having driver's to slow down or designing our streets and places for people.
Pedestrian Safety Upgrade Coming Soon:
(1) Human-sized Protective Hamster Ball: BUY NOW and stay safe on Robbinsdale streets, stroads, roads, and highways.