Wide receiver Sidney Rice remains on the physically unable to perform list because of a hip injury, but he increased his rehab work on Monday.
Rice, who does his conditioning work on a side field, began making cuts for the first time in training camp. Rice said straight-line running poses no problems so they went to the next phase in his rehab.
“It’s getting better," Rice said. "I did a little direction stuff today and going to see how it feels tomorrow. Continue to take it one day at a time.”
- Brad Childress did not have an update on Brett Favre. He said there has been no recent communication between the two sides.
- Childress said the team had "no interest" in quarterback Jeff Garcia, whose father reportedly said the Vikings called his son as a backup plan in case Favre doesn't play. "No, no," Childress said. "Anybody can say anything now and get it in front of people. My answer is no. No interest."
- Percy Harvin was not made available to media after practice. He is scheduled to talk later this week. Judd will have a blog post on Harvin and reaction from the Vikings in a while.
- Jaymar Johnson (hand) and John Sullivan (calf) did not practice. Johnson had his left hand wrapped.
- Childress said cornerback Cedric Griffin is progressing "rapidly" in his recovery from ACL surgery. Griffin stays after practice and does individual drills with defensive backs coach Joe Woods.