PDQ Radish Salsa
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Note: Enjoy this fresh, sappy salsa as soon as it’s made; it won’t keep much more than a day (two at most). It comes together in a snap, so make just what you need. This is especially good on black bean nachos with sharp cheese (shown in photo). From Beth Dooley.
• 2 tsp. minced shallots
• 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
• 1 small jalapeño, seeded, deveined, minced
• 3 to 4 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1 tbsp. honey, or more to taste
• 2 bunches radishes (about 1 1/2 c. finely diced)
• Salt to taste
In a medium bowl, toss together the shallots, cilantro, mint, jalapeño and lime juice.
Stir in the honey until dissolved. Toss in the radishes. Serve right away or store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Nutrition information per serving of 1/4 cup:
Calories 22 Fat 0 g Sodium 19 mg Saturated fat 0 g
Carbohydrates 6 g Added sugars 3 g
Protein 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg Dietary fiber 1 g
Exchanges per serving:1 vegetable.