SUMMER MELON SALAD WITH FETA AND MINT
Note: Adapted from Cottage Living.
• 4 c. cubed or balled melon, such as watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe or muskmelon
• 1 pint cherry, grape or pear tomatoes, washed, cut in half
• 4 oz. cubed feta cheese (about 1/2 c.)
• 1 bunch watercress, stems removed, washed and drained (about 2 c.) or use arugula
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
• Sea salt, to taste
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place the melon and tomatoes on a large platter or arrange them on individual serving plates.
Sprinkle the cheese and watercress evenly on top.
Drizzle the salad with olive oil and vinegar and sprinkle it with mint.
Season with sea salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 136 Fat 9 g Sodium 220 mg Saturated fat 4g
Carbohydrates 11 g Calcium 121 mg
Protein 4 g Cholesterol 17 mg Dietary fiber 1 g