Lots going on this weekend in the recruiting world.
- Two Gophers targets came off the table. The first, Chicago wing Paul White, committed to Georgetown, which he announced via Twitter. White was at Georgetown on an official this weekend. He was previously scheduled to visit Minnesota on Oct. 4. The second, JUCO point guard Josh Gray, whom the Gophers had only recently gotten involved with, announced he would go to Florida State.
- Lourawls ‘Tum Tum’ Nairn added Michigan State to his short list, which previously consisted of Minnesota, Indiana and Oklahoma. MSU has recruited him for some time, but recently started making a stronger push after backing off the point guard for some time, Adam Zagoria of zagsblog.com reports. Nairn officially visited MSU over the weekend. Nairn has just one official remaining, to Indiana next weekend, and then is expected to make a decision.
- Five-star shooting guard Isaiah Whitehead unofficially visited Seton Hall over the weekend, and will visit St. John’s sometime this week. There has been no Minnesota visit scheduled as of yet.
- Josh Martin officially visited Florida State over the weekend. He will be in Minnesota next weekend.
- Riley LaChance unofficially visited Michigan State over the weekend. He is open to an official visit at Minnesota, but nothing has been set up yet. More updates on LaChance to come tomorrow.
More from Gold in the Barn
Thanks to everyone who has reached out with their support.
The Gophers will face Temple in the first round. In the second round, the Gophers would either face Butler or Missouri State
When November rolls around, there will be plenty to discover about this University of Minnesota men’s basketball team.
The Gophers coach, in his first meeting with the media since last season, discussed the medical redshirt and more as the team prepares to leave for Spain next week.
Extra notes on each family member -- read the full story in today's paper.