Lots going on this weekend in the recruiting world.
- Two Gophers targets came off the table. The first, Chicago wing Paul White, committed to Georgetown, which he announced via Twitter. White was at Georgetown on an official this weekend. He was previously scheduled to visit Minnesota on Oct. 4. The second, JUCO point guard Josh Gray, whom the Gophers had only recently gotten involved with, announced he would go to Florida State.
- Lourawls ‘Tum Tum’ Nairn added Michigan State to his short list, which previously consisted of Minnesota, Indiana and Oklahoma. MSU has recruited him for some time, but recently started making a stronger push after backing off the point guard for some time, Adam Zagoria of zagsblog.com reports. Nairn officially visited MSU over the weekend. Nairn has just one official remaining, to Indiana next weekend, and then is expected to make a decision.
- Five-star shooting guard Isaiah Whitehead unofficially visited Seton Hall over the weekend, and will visit St. John’s sometime this week. There has been no Minnesota visit scheduled as of yet.
- Josh Martin officially visited Florida State over the weekend. He will be in Minnesota next weekend.
- Riley LaChance unofficially visited Michigan State over the weekend. He is open to an official visit at Minnesota, but nothing has been set up yet. More updates on LaChance to come tomorrow.
From Around the Web
More from Star Tribune
More from Gold in the Barn
The Gophers' future is stocked at that position but the coaching staff is still looking at several players, including Amir Coffey of Hopkins.
The basketball coach didn't want to talk about last year and he didn't -- mostly focusing on the road ahead.
The sophomore forward will bring the Gophers' frontcourt more depth after he sits out a season.
The hire is expected to be announced later today
The Gophers' 2015 recruit was released because of external academic circumstances.