Lots going on this weekend in the recruiting world.
- Two Gophers targets came off the table. The first, Chicago wing Paul White, committed to Georgetown, which he announced via Twitter. White was at Georgetown on an official this weekend. He was previously scheduled to visit Minnesota on Oct. 4. The second, JUCO point guard Josh Gray, whom the Gophers had only recently gotten involved with, announced he would go to Florida State.
- Lourawls ‘Tum Tum’ Nairn added Michigan State to his short list, which previously consisted of Minnesota, Indiana and Oklahoma. MSU has recruited him for some time, but recently started making a stronger push after backing off the point guard for some time, Adam Zagoria of zagsblog.com reports. Nairn officially visited MSU over the weekend. Nairn has just one official remaining, to Indiana next weekend, and then is expected to make a decision.
- Five-star shooting guard Isaiah Whitehead unofficially visited Seton Hall over the weekend, and will visit St. John’s sometime this week. There has been no Minnesota visit scheduled as of yet.
- Josh Martin officially visited Florida State over the weekend. He will be in Minnesota next weekend.
- Riley LaChance unofficially visited Michigan State over the weekend. He is open to an official visit at Minnesota, but nothing has been set up yet. More updates on LaChance to come tomorrow.
More from Star Tribune
More From Gold in the Barn
Gophers target and DeLaSalle senior guard Gabe Kalscheur is announcing his college decision on Tuesday night
Daniel Oturu and Jarvis Thomas, the first two commits in the Gophers' 2018 recruiting class, have the potential to be a great frontcourt at the U.
Orono's Jarvis Thomas could pick the Gophers when announcing his decision Tuesday, especially after Armstrong PF Race Thompson picked Indiana on Sunday.
Orono's explosive senior PF Jarvis Thomas could pick the Gophers when announcing his decision Tuesday night.
Gophers target and Armstrong senior forward Race Thompson says he could make a decision after the AAU season ends for D1 Minnesota