Freshman guard Andre Hollins
It’s Thanksgiving – and if ever there was a day to be positive in the middle of the season, it’s today. Therefore, here are five things the Gophers have to be thankful for:
1. Trevor Mbakwe. In his senior season, the power forward has been all anyone could have hoped – an aggressive presence, a definite leader and a legitimate star.
2. They’re undefeated. You can gripe all you want about close games and lower-level opponents, but the Gophers have won four games by double-digits. That’s a positive.
3. Closing. This was a real struggle for the Gophers last year and they have truly picked up the intensity in each one of their games thus far, winning with energy.
4. Rebounding. They haven’t reached their potential yet, and that’s a good thing because they’re still pretty darn good on the glass.
5. Young players getting minutes. This team has a raw core that is getting invaluable experience right now. They’re learning on the job, and that can only mean good things for the future.
I have plenty to be thankful for as well -- I’m spending my day with loved ones and I hope everyone else is doing the same! Happy Thanksgiving.
More from Gold in the Barn
Former Gophers guard Jamal Abu-Shamala started an alumni group with others this summer to help support U basketball players past and present
Gophers coach Marlene Stollings received a commitment Thursday from Michigan guard Deja Church
Point guard Jalen Suggs became the first in-state freshman guard to receive a scholarship offer from the University of Minnesota since Tyus Jones in 2011.
The Patrick School senior guard Jamir Harris became the second member of the Gophers 2017 recruiting class on Wednesday
Gophers basketball coach Richard Pitino and assistant Kimani Young were in New Jersey on Tuesday to see the Patrick School's Jamir Harris
Recommended For You
Plunging deeper into campaign controversy, Donald Trump publicly shamed a former beauty queen on Friday for her "disgusting" sexual past and then — in one of presidential history's more bizarre moments — encouraged Americans to watch a "sex tape" he said would support his case.
The 2017 rates released Friday are for the individual market where about 5 percent of state residents buy coverage.
As we learn more about each contender, it's more clear than ever that Minnesota must take advantage of this schedule.
Hillary's role is fair game, sure, but people who sleep in glass houses and all that ...
The negotiating team representing striking Allina Health hospital nurses has no recommendation for Monday's vote, according to a union statement.