Twins winning streak ends at eight
- Blog Post by: Suzanne Solheim
- August 3, 2010 - 11:16 AM
Luckily for Minnesota, Niemann hasn't been all that great in the second half. Outside of a win over the Detroit Tigers last Wednesday, the righty has posted a 5.19 ERA with nine walks over three starts since the All-Star break. He's a career 1-0 against the Twins with a 2.63 ERA in three games, including two starts.
Joe Mauer should be back in the lineup for the second game of the four-game series after receiving a cortisone shot this weekend. Meanwhile, who besides Peter Gammons predicted Delmon Young hanging with the top five of batting average and RBI in all of baseball this far into the season?
- Drew Butera vs. Jose Morales. [Twinkie Talk]
- Bo knows Sesame Street. [Josh Q. Public]
- Sweaty baseball auction items. [Big League Stew]
- Dodgers fan busting a move. [Walkoff Walk]
- Delmon discusses his breakout season. [MLB]
Also, Brett Favre is retiring. Maybe. Whatever, I'll believe it when the season starts and he's not suited up.
© 2016 Star Tribune