Woodbury's Eric Miller: Royals standout wants state title
- July 31, 2010 - 6:46 PM
Woodbury's All-State soccer forward Eric Miller recently shared his love of the game, among other things, with us.
• Most memorable moment: Winning the sectional championship on a golden goal in overtime. Also going to state and getting to play in the dome for the state tournament.
• I love soccer because ... : It is such a continuous game, nothing ever stops and anyone can change the complexion of the game drastically at any time.
• What is more important -- summer (club) or fall (high school) soccer? Club, without a doubt.
• 2010 high school goals: Win a state championship and have no regrets when I look back at my senior season.
• Songs I never skip on my iPod: Anything by Lupe Fiasco.
• What soccer skill are you the most proud of? Always enjoying the fact that I am playing soccer.
• Words my friends or teammates might use to describe me? Hard-working, alpha male, jackhammer.
• Score or set up a game-winning goal? Probably score, but I would gladly do either.
• If I wasn't a soccer player, I would be a ... : Lax bro (someone who embraces the lacrosse culture).
• Change one thing about high school sports: Have no games or practices on weekends.
• Favorite soccer team? Arsenal.
• Best athletic advice received: You can always improve and should always strive to be better than you already are.
© 2016 Star Tribune