He started with his dad at age 5
- Article by: RON HAGGSTROM
- Star Tribune
- June 27, 2010 - 12:15 AM
Eastview boys' tennis player Will Biernat recently competed in his first state tournament as a sophomore. Here is a closer and entertaining look at the No. 1 singles player for the Lightning:
• Best movie I've seen in the last year: Avatar, of course.
• Favorite college or pro sports team and why? The Minnesota Twins because of their new stadium and how they always are in the hunt.
• Favorite pre-game meal: Chicken!
• Three songs I never skip on my iPod: "I Gotta Feeling," "I Made It" and "Run This Town."
• How did you get started playing tennis? I started playing tennis with my dad when I was 5. I still hit with him at least once a week.
• What are you working on in the offseason? I'm working on improving my physical condition and strength.
• What are your goals for the 2010-11 school year as an athlete? Improve my mental and physical part of the game, to improve my results in tournaments, to do better in state and make it to state as a team.
• To get focused for competition, I ...? Listen to my iPod, jump rope, stretch and visualize.
• I know I have an edge on an opponent when ...? They start to get upset or have poor body language.
• What is the best sports advice you ever received? When I was told, it's not over till it's over, which has helped my mental side of the game and to never give up!
© 2016 Star Tribune