Twins-Yankees: Let's play two (actually 1.4444444) today
- Blog Post by: La Velle E. Neal III
- May 26, 2010 - 2:57 PM
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire hopes Brian Duensing can give his team a couple solid innings today when he takes the mound for the suspended game.
``This will be good for him,'' Gardenhire said.
Duensing, with a 1.65 ERA over 18 appearances, has been needed to shore up the set-up situation but really is a starter who should be stretched out. And, if Jose Mijares shows more signs of being the reliever he can be, Duensing could be more of a long man out of the bullpen.
Joe Mauer is expected to catch the remainder of the first game then DH the second game. Drew Butera will start the second game.
Reliever Clay Condrey will head to New York to have his elbow examined by Mets physician Dr. David Altchek. Condrey options could end up being to pitch through the discomfort in his flexor tendon, get a cortisone shot or be shut down for two months.
Here are the lineups from the first five innings yesterday. We haven't seen the lineups for the second game yet.
It's David Robertson, not Sergio Mitre, for the Yankees.
1. Derek Jeter, SS 1 for 2
2. Brett Gardner, CF 1 for 1 BB
3. Mark Teixeira, DH 0 for 2
4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 1 for 2 K
5. Robinson Cano, 2B 0 for 2
6. Nick Swisher, RF 0 for 2 K
7. Juan Miranda, 1B 0 for 2
8. Francisco Cervelli,C 0 for 2
9. Kevin Russo, RF 0 for 1
Pitching: David Robertson (0-2,7.07), RHP
1. Denard Span, CF 2 for 3 2SB
2. Orlando Hudson,2B 0 for 3 K
3. Joe Mauer, C 0 for 1
4. Justin Morneau, 1B 0 for 2 BB
5. Michael Cuddyer, RF 0 for 2 K
6. Jason Kubel, DH 0 for 2 K
7. Delmon Young, LF 0 for 2 K
8. J.J. Hardy 1 for 2 2B
9. Nick Punto, 3B 0 for 1 BB
Pitching: Brian Duensing, LHP
© 2013 Star Tribune