Man Muscles and AL Central Rivalries
- Blog Post by: Suzanne Solheim
- April 19, 2010 - 1:05 PM
Happy 27th Birthday to Joe "Man Muscles" Mauer, who is quite possibly the best catcher in the history of the universe.
I hope you guys had a great weekend and I hope, like me, you are very much looking forward to this week in Twins baseball.
A few thoughts from this weekend's series against the Kansas City Royals:
- Apparently the odds of hitting a grand slam when given six opportunities are kinda slim.
- Who the heck was that Zack Greinke impostor?
- Lookin' good, Scott Baker. You too, Matt Guerrier.
- Nick Backburn, not so much. I hope his arm is okay.
- Was Carl Pavano left in just a bit too long?
- Sweeps are fantastic, but a series win is a series win.
Today is a day of rest for the birthday boy and the Twins, who will host the Cleveland Indians Tuesday for Game 1 of the three-game series. Kevin Slowey will take the hill for Minnesota in an attempt to cool down the smokin' hot Shin-Soo Choo, who is batting a ridiculous .545 (12-for-22) with four homers and 12 RBI in the past week. Yikes.
Meanwhile, the Tribe will send Justin Masterson to the mound in search of his team's fifth straight victory. I wonder how many chicks will brawl at Target Field this week over who's hotter: Joe Mauer or Grady Sizemore.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the weekend, the upcoming Indians series, Nick Punto's groin, and how pumped you are that Alex Burnett is back up with the big boys.
© 2014 Star Tribune