Postgame update: Nathan, Morneau, Hardy, Blackburn
- Blog Post by: Phil Miller
- March 16, 2010 - 4:07 PM
FORT MYERS, FLA. -- Twins manager Ron Gardenhire had a few injury updates after today's 3-1 loss to the Orioles:
* Joe Nathan will test his right elbow either Saturday, Sunday or Monday, Gardenhire said, adding, "My guess would be more likely the middle day [Sunday]."
* Justin Morneau: Garenhire said, "We’re going to give him a couple more days, make sure he’s got all the soreness out of his ribcage and back, all the general soreness from riding stinking busses and all that stuff. I told him, if there’s any issue, where you get sore at all through your torso or legs -- we’re just going to [pull back]. He’s always played through it, and we’re just going to back off a few days here, and just take it easy, do your light workouts and just take it easy. He’s got plenty of time to get plenty of at-bats."
* J.J. Hardy: Gardenhire said, "Hardy went out and still feels a little something in his leg, so we’re not going to push that issue. There’s just really no need. After that off day the 22nd, we’re going to have a lot of games, plus those two at Target Field for guys to get plenty of at-bats and get deep into the games."
* Nick Blackburn [sore right knee] will throw a bullpen session Friday and pitch in a minor-league game Sunday. Gardenhire said there is still enough time for Blackburn to get his pitch-count up for the start of the season.
© 2014 Star Tribune