Gophers have a big wish list entering South Dakota State game
- Blog Post by: Amelia Rayno
- December 23, 2009 - 5:40 PM
The Gophers take on South Dakota State at Williams Arena tonight.
The Jackrabbits hope to hit the road immediately after the game. Good luck.
A five-game winning streak would help the Gophers maintain their current confidence before Big Ten play begins next week.
While they've found a lot of success recently, there are a few things they could use this holiday season.
What does Minnesota want for Christmas?
1. An aggressive Ralph Sampson. For an entire game. An entire conference season?
2. To maintain its plus-20.9 scoring margin.
3. Al Nolen to continue his daily routine. It's working. (53 assists, 18 turnovers).
4. A Dr. Phil session. The focus: Free throws. (67.1 percent).
5. Royce White and Trevor Mbakwe to get through their legal situations and return to the team.
6. Blake Hoffarber to keep shooting. And making. And making. And making ...
7. Get more help on the offensive glass. The Gophers have the same number of offensive boards as their opponents.
8. Rodney Williams to find ways to contribute in Big Ten play the way he did earlier this season.
9. Paul Carter to loosen up and play the way he did before last year's ankle injury.
10. Damian Johnson to learn how to drive the team bus because he's doing everything else for the Gophers.
© 2014 Star Tribune