Friday (Song lyrics of the 70s) edition: Wha' Happened?
- Blog Post by: Michael Rand
- December 11, 2009 - 9:38 AM
After delightful trips through the 1990s and 1980s, we now test your knowledge of 1970s song lyrics in another edition of Pop Culture Friday. Here we go:
1) Hey hey mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove.
2) Now in darkness world stops turning; Ashes where the bodies burning.
3) Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone. Suzanne, the plans they made made put an end to you.
4) Well I'm not the world's most physical guy but when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine.
5) They took all the trees, and put them in a tree museum. Then they charged the people a dollar and a half just to see 'em.
6) Jubilation, she loves me again, I fall on the floor and I'm laughing.
7) And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree, there will be an answer.
8) Lonely feelin', deep inside. Find a corner where I can hide. Silent footsteps crowdin' me. Sudden darkness, but I can see.
9) You know it's all right, it's O.K. I'll live to see another day. We can try to understand the New York Times' effect on man.
10) It took all the strength I had not to fall apart.
© 2016 Star Tribune