Zero Week football roundup: Skippers fall short in Hudson
- August 22, 2014 - 11:25 PM
• HUDSON (WIS.) 27, MINNETONKA 24: The host Raiders, who led 20-3 after three quarters, withstood a strong fourth-quarter comeback from the Skippers. The Skippers scored twice in the first five minutes of the fourth quarter to make it 20-17, but the Raiders scored with 4:45 remaining to take a 27-17 lead. Jack Burns’ 3-yard touchdown run — his second TD of the quarter — and an extra point by Perry Smith with 1:45 remaining got the Skippers within three.
• HOPKINS 37, SUPERIOR (WIS.) 14: The host Royals outscored the Spartans 23-7 in the second half to pull away for the victory. Oscar Johnson-Dorothy threw touchdown passes of 64 and 20 yards to lead the Royals.
• BROOKLYN CENTER 50, ST. JAMES 25: Chester Walley ran for two touchdowns and passed for two to lead the Centaurs past the host Saints. Jason Barto and Tyrell Beasley each contributed two touchdowns for the Centaurs.
• LESTER PRAIRIE/HOLY TRINITY 22, ST. CLAIR 6: Nate Tesch rushed for 120 yards and a TD and returned an interception 48 yards for a TD to pace the host Bulldogs.
© 2014 Star Tribune