ADVERTISEMENT

Man pleads not guilty to shooting

  • Associated Press
  • August 19, 2014 - 6:35 AM

BRATTLEBORO, Vt. — A Vermont man has pleaded not guilty to charges that he shot a man in the stomach after a dispute at his home.

Nicolas Baker of Guilford is accused of aggravated assault and obstruction of justice after he allegedly shot Edward Carter at Baker's home on Saturday. Police said the 39-year-old Carter, of Wisconsin, suffered a gunshot wound to his abdomen and remained hospitalized in critical condition.

The Brattleboro Reformer reports (http://bit.ly/1bI41RH) witnesses told police Carter and the 25-year-old Baker got into a confrontation after the group had been drinking and taking drugs.

© 2014 Star Tribune