Minnesota's busiest real estate agents sold foreclosures and dream homes
- Blog Post by: Jim Buchta
- July 9, 2014 - 11:18 AM
Dream homes and distressed sales helped propel Minnesota's busiest real estate agents to the top of their class last year, according to an annual survey by Real Trends, a Denver-based real estate research company, and Trulia.com. That survey is completely voluntary, but is vetted to make sure that agents aren't over-reporting sales. Here's a link to the complete list of top agents/teams in Minnesota, but here are top three in each category.
Top agents by volume
- George Stickney, a Coldwell Banker Burnet agent who specializes in luxury listings in the western suburbs and Lake Minnetonka, sold $74 million.
- Chad Schwendeman, an EXIT Lakes Realty Premier agent who sells in the Baxter, MN area, sold $49 million - a good share of that was lakeshore.
- Bruce Birkeland, a Coldwell Banker Burnet agent who specializes in upper-bracket houses in the Minneapolis lakes neighborhoods, sold $43 million.
Top agents by transactions
- Jeremy Peterson of ReMax Results specializes in the south metro and had 256 sides.
- Jeremy Chubb, a 25-year old who sells for Epic Real Estate Services in Anoka, had 211 sides.
- Chad Schwendeman of EXIT Lakes Realty Premier had 210 sides.
Top teams by volume
- The Minnesota Real Estate Team, which has more than 50 agents working with Re/Max Advantage Plus, sold $250 million.
- John Schuster Team of Coldwell Banker Burnet, which has about a half-dozen agents who specialize in foreclosures, sold $93 million
- Brace Helgeson Team, which has about a dozen agents who specialize in the southwest suburbs for Coldwell Banker Burnet, sold $85 million
Top teams by transactions
- The Minnesota Real Estate Team of Re/Max Advantage Plus had 1,278 sides.
- John Schuster Team, which includes about a half-dozen agents with Coldwell Banker Burnet, had 490 sides.
- The Bruce McAlpin team, which includes two agents who specialize in Sherburne, Wright and Stearns counties for Edina Realty, had 455.5 sides.
© 2015 Star Tribune