Creating your perfect outdoor oasis
- June 21, 2014 - 2:00 PM
Want to create the perfect outdoor oasis at home? Consider these tips:
• Determine how you want to use your space — for cooking, relaxing, dining — and how you can realistically accommodate those activities within your space and budget.
• Use the same principles of design that you would to create an indoor room, such as texture, color, proportion, form and focal point.
• Arrange furniture to create conversation nooks.
• Add style and ambience to the setting with a firepit or fireplace, decorative lighting, sound system, water features and landscaping.
• Have a limited budget? A wood pergola wrapped in strings of lights is an inexpensive way to define an outdoor room.
• Try bright, fun colors for furniture cushions and pillows.
• All about pizza ovens: www.Fornobravo.com offers pizza ovens, kits, products, recipes, cooking tips and a gallery of photos of outdoor kitchens.
© 2017 Star Tribune