ADVERTISEMENT

Razor blade turns up in Burger King salad

  • Associated Press
  • June 13, 2014 - 10:50 AM

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — An Arizona woman eating at Burger King says she found a razor blade in her salad.

Jennifer Ashley tells KTVK-TV (http://bit.ly/1prJPKi) she immediately showed the manager Wednesday at a Flagstaff branch of the fast-foot chain.

Burger King says an employee admitted the blade left on a shelf accidentally fell into a tub of lettuce. The company says razor blades are not allowed in or near food preparation areas.

The employee has since been fired.

Ashley says she received a refund and a free salad. She says she doesn't plan to press charges. She just wants people to be aware of what they are eating, even in a restaurant.

© 2014 Star Tribune