Governor says he has no problem releasing Super Bowl bid
- Blog Post by: Rochelle Olson
- June 10, 2014 - 3:38 PM
MPR's Tom Scheck reports Gov. Mark Dayton calls NFL Super Bowl demands "way overboard." He specifically mentions the bowling alleys.
“I don’t think anybody needs free bowling alleys. Anybody who can afford to come to the Super Bowl can afford to pay for their shoes and bowling ball and lane time,” Dayton said. “But again, the perfect is the enemy of the very good and this is a very good deal for Minnesota. It’s going to bring enormous net gain in revenues both to the state and the city.”
The bid committee and others say Super Bowl costs will be covered by millions in private donations. The committee hasn't released the details of the winning bid for the 2018 game submitted to the NFL last month. Dayton says he's got "no problems" making it available. (But he hasn't)
© 2015 Star Tribune