Investigation continues in 1989 disappearance
- Associated Press
- May 24, 2014 - 5:20 PM
MAPLE GROVE, Minn. — Authorities said Saturday that they have wrapped up their search of the home where a missing Maple Grove girl once lived, but the investigation into Amy Pagnac's disappearance continues.
Authorities began searching the home of Pagnac's parents last Sunday. On Saturday, they announced the search was finished, but they declined to provide details about what they were seeking, or what they found. The Star Tribune reported that investigators searched at all hours over the last week, and their work included digging in the yard.
Police said the search of the home was just one part of their investigation.
"We all are very determined to bring Amy home," Maple Grove police Capt. Keith Terlinden said.
Terlinden said there are no suspects at this time, but the investigation will continue to be a priority and DNA evidence will become a focus, WCCO-AM reported.
Pagnac was 13 when she disappeared from an Osseo gas station in August 1989. Her stepfather had stopped to use the restroom, and he told police that when he came out, she was gone.
Pagnac's mother, Susan, has said the girl had a medical condition that caused her to become disoriented, and she may have wandered off and been picked up by someone, or may be the victim of sex trafficking. Police haven't confirmed those claims.
The Star Tribune reported that family members declined to talk in detail as they returned to the home Saturday. They did say investigators seemed to take some paperwork but put things back in boxes and put everything in the yard back in place.
The couple believes Pagnac is alive.
© 2017 Star Tribune