Getting to Know: Vikings DE Scott Crichton
- Blog Post by: Master Tesfatsion
- May 13, 2014 - 4:23 PM
Name: Scott Crichton
School: Oregon State
- One of five Oregon State players to leave the program early to play professional football; Crichton left early to help support his family (father is disabled but works at a warehouse while his mom is a nurse)
- Named Pac-12 Conference second-team and SI.com’s All-America honorable mention last year
- Broke school record with 10 career forced fumbles
- Finished third in school history with 22.5 career sacks and fourth with 51 career tackles-for-loss
- Played defensive end, linebacker and tight end at Henry Foss High in Tacoma, Wash; ranked as the 44th best defensive end prospect in the country by Rivals.com in 2010
On his reaction when the Vikings selected him
Oh man, I don’t even know. My heart was beating, my hands were shaking, and this is unbelievable right now. I am truly blessed, I want to thank Coach Zimmer and the whole coaching staff and faculty for giving me this opportunity.
On how he was best used at Oregon State
Being a pass rusher is how I am best utilized. When I get on the edge, then I go inside. That is my thing, I love to get after the quarterback.
On if he accomplished all of his goals at the college level
At the college no, I think I can improve in a lot of aspects in my game, probably the whole overall of my game. I think I have done a lot though. I am pretty happy, I have no regrets. But there are things that can be better.
© 2014 Star Tribune