Library music series targeted at those 55 and older
- April 29, 2014 - 4:20 PM
Library music series targets those 55 and older
From folk music to Finnish tunes, a series of free concerts tailored to an over-55 audience will offer a diverse mix of music at Dakota County libraries next month.
The Silver Teas series starts Thursday with a performance from 1:20-2:30 p.m. by the choral group the Velvet Tones, which performs pop, Broadway, classical, patriotic and inspirational songs, at the Robert Trail Library, 14395 S. Robert Trail, Rosemount. The second concert is LeRoy Larson and the Scandinavian Ensemble from 1:30-3 p.m. Friday at the Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville.
• Finn Hall (Finnish-American music on the mandolin, accordion, violin, nyckelharpa and more), 11 a.m.-noon May 7, Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Av., Apple Valley.
• Charlie Maguire (folk music rooted in Minnesota heritage), 1:30-3:30 p.m. May 8, Rambling River Center, 325 Oak St., Farmington.
• Vicky Mountain (featuring the musical compositions and collaborations of songwriter Jimmy Van Heusen), 2–3 p.m. May 8, Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road, Eagan.
• Ladyslipper Ensemble (costumed performers playing songs from the Baroque and Renaissance eras), 1:30-2:30 p.m. May 9, Wentworth Library, 199 Wentworth Av. E, West St. Paul.
• David Malmberg (jazz, classical and contemporary guitar), 1:30-3 p.m. May 13, Heritage Library, 20085 Heritage Drive, Lakeville.
• Switched at Birth (bluegrass), 2-3 p.m. May 14, Veterans Memorial Community Center, 8055 Barbara Av., Inver Grove Heights.
• Curtis and Loretta (traditional folk), 1-2 p.m. May 15, Pleasant Hill Library, 1490 S. Frontage Road, Hastings.
For more information, call 651-450-2918 or see www.dako tacounty.us/library and search Silver Teas.
Send your Dakota County arts and leisure news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Star Tribune