Russo: Wild to face Colorado or St. Louis in first round of playoffs
- Blog Post by: Michael Russo
- April 13, 2014 - 12:01 AM
The Anaheim Ducks clinched the Western Conference a second ago. That means the division winner with the second-best record will be Colorado or St. Louis.
That means the Wild, the top wildcard team in the West, will face one of those teams in the first round of the playoffs this week.
The Blues face Detroit at home at 11:30 a.m. CT. The Ducks host Colorado at 7 p.m. CT. The Wild hosts Nashville at 7 p.m. CT
- If St. Louis loses in regulation to Detroit, the Wild plays Colorado.
- If St. Louis gets a point vs. Detroit, Colorado must get a point at Anaheim to play the Wild, or the Wild plays St. Louis.
- If St. Louis beats Detroit, Colorado must beat Anaheim to play the Wild, or the Wild plays St. Louis.
Playoff series schedules will be released Sunday night. I believe the Wild will open Thursday because are there are arena conflicts in both Colorado and St. Louis on Wednesday.
Talk to you Sunday morning after the morning skates. I'll also be on Fox Sports North during the pregame show and first intermission.
© 2016 Star Tribune