Sam Taylor, 8, got to Target Field before the pros did. He played catch with his dad, Peter, on Sunday afternoon at Target Plaza, where the Twins will play their home opener today.
JERRY HOLT • email@example.com,
Twins home opener schedule of events
- April 7, 2014 - 6:37 AM
Opener Itinerary (game time 3:10 p.m.)
• 1 p.m.: Gates open at Target Field, featuring gatekeepers Bert Blyleven (Gate 3), Tony Oliva (Gate 6), Kent Hrbek (Gate 14) and Tom Kelly (Gate 29).
• About 2:30 p.m.: Home Free, a local a cappella group, performs on the field.
• National Anthem: Performed by Thomasina Petrus.
• First pitch: Thrown by Minneapolis-based, Oscar-nominated actor Barkhad Abdi from “Captain Philips.”
• Flag-raising: By Ethan Nagle, a U.S. Marine from Prior Lake and recent recipient of a Silver Star.
• For Terry Ryan: Players from both teams will wear Stand Up to Cancer uniform patches.
© 2017 Star Tribune