- March 21, 2014 - 11:52 PM
who will see relief
• Recent college graduates can save up to $190 per year through a student loan interest deduction, and current students can get an increased tuition deduction averaging $140.
• Married couples can save an average of $115 per year with the elimination of the “marriage penalty.”
• More than 25,000 families who qualify for child-care tax credits will get an average additional credit of $74 per year.
• Small businesses can offer tax-free tuition and adoption assistance for employees.
• The Working Family Tax Credit will be expanded to include an estimated 16,000 more families, and those already getting the credit will get more relief.
Source: Gov. Mark Dayton’s office
© 2017 Star Tribune