Rayno: Thinking about the Gophers postseason
- Blog Post by: Amelia Rayno
- February 28, 2014 - 8:54 AM
The Opening Tip is a new feature to Gold in the Barn, with the goal being to share five nuggets -- mostly Gophers or Big Ten related but occasionally not -- every morning between 8 and 10. Dig it? Hate it? Want to see something specific in it? Send me feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet me @AmeliaRayno.
Five tidbits as I get ready to head out to Ann Arbor:
1. Good story by the Minnesota Daily, on the Gophers' bubble chances.
2. If you want to look for yourself, the Gophers selection committee team sheet.
3. Get ready for the postseason -- it's just around the corner. Full schedule of conference tournaments here.
4. Starting to think about how you can win a billion dollars? Perhaps CBS Sports' Bracket Voodoo can help.
"For the 3rd time in #B1G history, each team has at least 5 conference wins. The other seasons were 1979-80 and 1993-94." -- @BTNStatsGuys (This after Penn State upset Ohio State to get to five; Indiana also upset Iowa to get to six.)
"Duquesne is now up 53-44 at Saint Louis, which will somehow prove someone's point about Wichita State. Just not sure who or what." -- @RobDauster (St. Louis went on to lose, 71-64). Speaking of which, Ken Pom's take on the Shockers. And that of CBS Sports' Jeff Borzello.
"Iowa loses its 3rd straight game. The #Hawkeyes become the 1st team to allow 90 points in consecutive #B1G games since Michigan in 2006." -- @BTNStatsGuys
© 2014 Star Tribune