9 a.m. update: Rush hour wrap up
- Blog Post by: Tim Harlow
- January 28, 2014 - 9:01 AM
Brutal. That sums up the Tuesday morning rush hour.
Crashes and rollovers began at 5 a.m. and they never abated as the rush hour went on, even though traffic levels were lighter than normal since most schools were off for a second straight day.
One fatal accident occurred. That was on the ramp from Hwy. 280 to westbound 94 in Minneapolis.
That crash along with ones at Hiawatha Avenue and 11th Street created a big bottleneck that stretched back to Prior Avenue in St. Paul's Midway area.
Northbound 35W also had its share of crashes and rollovers hampering the drive for commuters in Lakeville, Burnsville and Bloomington.
The late rush hour continues to be plagued with accidents. Two are in place at Hwy. 10 and Greenhaven in Anoka.
Here is list of other hot spots at this hour:
- Northbound 35W at 98th Street
- Southbound 169 south of 36th Avenue
- Northbound Hwy. 100 at the Crosstown and southbound at Excelsior Blvd
- Westbound 694 at White Bear Avenue.
- Eastbound 610 at East River Road
- Southbound 169 at Valley View Road
© 2014 Star Tribune