6:10 a.m. update: Brutal on 35 and 35W in south metro
- Blog Post by: Tim Harlow
- January 28, 2014 - 6:11 AM
Police officers and tow truck operators are getting a workout this morning as they try to respond to scores of crashes and spin outs on metro area roads.
A rollover on northbound I-35 at County 50 in Lakeville is the start of problems for commuters in the south metro. Ahead, a crash has a lane blocked at County Road 42 and that has traffic near a standstill.
North of that, you'll find another mishap at Burnsville Pkwy. and another at 82nd Street.
The scene is similar all across the metro area. Here are the other trouble spots.
- Westbound 694 at Century Avenue in White Bear Lake
- Westbound 494 at Nicollet Avenue. The area is glare ice according to authorities
- Northbound 169 at Hwy. 55 in Golden Valley
- Northbound 35E at Maryland Avenue and another at Larpenteur Avenue in St. Paul
- Westbound 94 at Hwy. 280. There also is on at Mounds Blvd.
- Northbound Hwy. 61 at 80th Street in Newport
- Eastbound Hwy. 10 just east of Hwy. 169 in Anoka
© 2015 Star Tribune