Monday's NHL highlights
- January 27, 2014 - 11:55 PM
Tanguay, Varlamov lead Avalanche over Stars
DALLAS – Alex Tanguay scored the winning goal early in the third period, and Semyon Varlamov made it stand up for the Colorado Avalanche in a 4-3 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night.
Colorado led twice, but both times Tyler Seguin tied the score for Dallas. Varlamov made 41 saves, and Colorado’s Nathan MacKinnon scored on the game’s first shot.
“The first five minutes,” Dallas coach Lindy Ruff said. “After that, we dominated. Their goalie stole the show.’’
• HOT LINE FOR BRUINS: The line of Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand and Reilly Smith combined for three goals and six assists to lead the Bruins to a seesaw 6-3 victory over the Islanders in Uniondale, N.Y. All three linemates scored, and Loui Eriksson, Carl Soderberg and Zdeno Chara added goals for Boston.
• PENGUINS BLANK SABRES: Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 24 shots for his fourth shutout and Chris Kunitz and Deryk Engelland scored second-period goals, helping the Penguins defeat the Sabres 3-0 in Pittsburgh.
• HAT TRICK: David Perron had a hat trick, leading the visiting Oilers to a 4-2 victory over the Canucks, who got two goals from former Gopher Jordan Schroeder.
• KINGS EDGE SHARKS: Anze Kopitar scored a second-period goal and Jonathan Quick made 23 saves as the Kings beat the host Sharks 1-0.
© 2016 Star Tribune