Carbon monoxide routs 25 Minneapolis apartment residents
- Article by: ADAM BELZ
- Star Tribune
- January 19, 2014 - 9:02 PM
Residents of a northeast Minneapolis apartment building who were evacuated Saturday after a carbon monoxide leak were not allowed to return to the building Sunday, according to the Red Cross.
Firefighters were called to a mixed commercial and residential building in the 1800 block of Central Avenue NE. around 7:45 p.m. Saturday when residents complained of headaches and nausea, which can be symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Some residents were taken to Hennepin County Medical Center for examination.
Crews blamed a malfunctioning heating system for the leak. The Red Cross helped 25 people, including 17 adults and eight children, officials said.
The apartments, which are on the second story of a building that has a small grocery store and hair salon on the ground floor, were all dark Sunday night. Attempts to reach the building owner, listed on the city of Minneapolis website as Zulfe Enterprises of New Brighton, were unsuccessful.
© 2016 Star Tribune