Outdoor hockey at TCF Bank Stadium, as high school games were played Jan. 11, 2014.
Jim Gehrz, DML - Star Tribune
A guide to outdoor hockey at TCF Bank Stadium on Friday
- January 16, 2014 - 6:58 PM
A guide to outdoor hockey at TCF Bank Stadium:
One ticket gets you into both games:
• 3:30 p.m.: Gates open.
• 4:30 p.m.: Gophers women vs. Minnesota State
• 8 p.m.: Gophers men vs. Ohio State
• Re-entry will be allowed until 8 p.m.. To leave the stadium, you must go to Gate E and scan your ticket so you will be allowed back in the stadium.
At the games:
• The facility will operate under typical game-day protocol, and alcoholic beverages will be sold at all concession stands.
• The video board will display all live game action.
Parking opens at 2 p.m.
All surface parking areas on the East Bank campus are sold out. Parking will be available on the West Bank campus and the State Fairgrounds in St. Paul. Shuttles from the Fairgrounds will start at 5 p.m. Parking will be available at the Oak Street, Washington Avenue and Church Street ramps.
Pregame celebrations will be permitted on East Bank surface lots only, beginning at 2 p.m. and ending at midnight.
Weather: dress warm
Forecast: Cold! Single-digit temps, with “feels like” readings around minus-5.
A big warming house: Mariucci Arena will be open to fans starting at 2 p.m. Food and drinks (no alcohol) will be for sale. The Gophers women’s game will be broadcast on the video board. Mariucci Arena will close at 8 p.m. There will be no designated warming areas once the men’s game starts.
© 2015 Star Tribune