3 inhale toxic fumes at Madison company
- Associated Press
- January 10, 2014 - 6:25 AM
MADISON, Wis. — Three people are recovering after inhaling fumes from a highly toxic chemical at a Madison company.
Hazardous materials handlers and firefighters responded to Mentor Biologics in University Research Park Thursday evening where chlorine dioxide had spilled.
Division Fire Chief Art Price tells the State Journal (http://bit.ly/19WQnKX ) the chemical release was small and contained. The three who inhaled it were taken to University Hospital for treatment.
Mentor Biologics makes a toxin that's designed to compete with the popular Botox.
© 2014 Star Tribune