Victim of Manitowoc house fire identified

  • Associated Press
  • January 8, 2014 - 11:31 AM

MANITOWOC, Wis. — Authorities say the victim of a house fire in Manitowoc was an elderly man.

Manitowoc County Coroner Curtis Green says 90-year-old Arnold Goeke (GOH'-kee) died of carbon monoxide and smoke inhalation when fire broke out at his house Tuesday night.

WOMT radio reports no one else was in the residence at the time of the fire. It was brought under control by 9 o'clock.

© 2018 Star Tribune