ADVERTISEMENT

Autopsies show 2 Minn. roommates died of carbon monoxide poisoning

  • Associated Press
  • December 30, 2013 - 2:29 PM

SPRINGFIELD, Minn. — An autopsy report says two men found dead in a south-central Minnesota farmhouse last week died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Brown County sheriff's office said Monday a damper on the furnace of the rural Springfield home was not functioning properly.

Authorities say the father of one of men called 911 at about 1:40 p.m. Friday. Upon arriving, deputies found 30-year-old Nathan Potter and 23-year-old Adam Jensen unresponsive. They were roommates.

The medical examiner has ruled the deaths accidental.

© 2014 Star Tribune