Wolves' postgame thoughts from La Velle E. Neal III
- Blog Post by: Jerry Zgoda
- December 27, 2013 - 11:27 PM
Here are three thoughts following the Wolves' 120-98 victory over John Wall and the Wizards
1. Beal injury: Most media members missed it happen, but Bradley Beal and Luc Mbah a Moute had their knees collide late in the game. Beal crumpled to the floor, had to be carried off and was seen on crutches after the game. He wasn't even sure how it happened - he thought he had run into Dante Cunningham.
Beal is headed for a Saturday morning MRI.
2. Alexey Shved sighting. The guard scored 13 points off the bench, which would be a huge boost if he can bring that to the table more frequently. He played more last season but his time went from sporadic to darn near non-existent this year. And that might have affected him. ``He just got where he wasn't going hard all the time,'' Wolves coach Rick Adelman said. ``I think there was a big difference the week before Christmas and tonight.. He was very active. He was doing the things that he can do.
``He's a very talented player but has to do things that don't involve the ball. That's where he's picking up and doing more and more of those things.''
3. Bucks up: As I write this, the Wolves are on their way to Milwaukee and the Bucks are on their way back from Brooklyn, where they were smacked 104-93. As expected, Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova returned to action for Milwaukee, but the Bucks still fell to 6-23. What a bad team, Let's see if the Wolves can make it back-to-back wins against a team they should clobber.
© 2014 Star Tribune