Recipe: Black-eyed pea and kale salad
- December 26, 2013 - 1:00 AM
Black-Eyed Peas and Kale Salad √
Note: In addition to being the perfect side dish for a New Year’s ham, this simple, fresh and hearty salad can also serve as a healthy main dish. From Meredith Deeds.
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
• 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 2 tsp. honey
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 2 bunches (about 1 lb.) kale (such as Tuscan variety), center ribs and stems removed, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
• 1 (15-oz.) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
• 1/4 c. diced red onion
• 2 roasted red peppers (from jar), diced
In a large salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
Add the kale, black-eyed peas, onion and red peppers to the bowl, and toss to combine.
© 2016 Star Tribune