7:30 a.m. update: Stop and go
- Blog Post by: Tim Harlow
- December 10, 2013 - 7:37 AM
It's more stopping than going on many routes this morning courtesy of congestion and an ill-timed nuisance snowfall.
Travel times are double and triple over the normal drive times. Many routes are bumper to bumper. Here is where the slowest traffic and incidents are at this hour:
- Right shoulder blocked on eastbound 694/94 at Brooklyn Blvd.
- Major delays on Crosstown in both directions between Cedar Avenue and Hwy. 169. Eastbound bad due to lane-blocking wreck at Valley View Road.
- Northbound Hwy. 169 from Canterbury Road to 494. Mainly due to congestion
- Westbound 494 from Dodd Road over to Hwy. 100. Eastbound has a spinout at Hwy. 5 blocking a lane.
- Eastbound Hwy. 212 from Hwy. 41 to Shady Oak Road. Earlier spinouts have caused delays
- Heavy traffic on eastbound 94 from Hwy. 101 to Weaver Lake Road
- Southbound 35W from Lake Drive to Hwy. 280 is at 30 minutes due to congestion
© 2014 Star Tribune