Hilltop Primary in Minnetrista closed because of gas leak
- Blog Post by: Kim McGuire
- December 5, 2013 - 3:26 PM
Crews have repaired a gas leak at Hilltop Primary in Minnetrista where classes were canceled for the day.
At about 6:20 a.m.., a strong gas odor was detected in the school and classes were canceled. School officials later discovered that a skid loader removing snow hit a gas meter.
While classes were canceled, some evening activities slated at the school will resume tonight. Hilltop Family Fun Night will go on as planned at 4:30 p.m..
Westonka Superintendent Kevin Borg credited custodians with quickly discovering the problem and reporting it to CenterPoint Energy and the local fire department. Similarly, bus drivers made sure students weren't waiting at a bus stop unaware of the situation, he said.
© 2015 Star Tribune