Darko Milicic’s shot at redemption failed in Minnesota.
Chart: Other forgettable Kahn moves
- November 26, 2013 - 10:17 PM
Other forgettable David Kahn moves
• Darko Milicic: Wolves traded for former draft bust and then guaranteed a guy then-GM David Kahn once called “manna from heaven” $20 million, believing they had discovered something in his talent that other teams didn’t. They hadn’t.
• Michael Beasley: A low-risk, high-reward move that included some spectacular scoring nights but not nearly enough staying power during his two seasons.
• Anthony Randolph: Another love affair with a “long and athletic” player who wows with his physical gifts but doesn’t grasp the game.
• Martell Webster: A back injury he brought from Portland never allowed the Wolves to discover if they were right about his obscured talent … until he moved on to Washington last season.
• Brandon Roy: Wolves took a chance on the former All-Star’s worn-out knees when nobody else would and paid him $5 million last season for five games’ work.
© 2014 Star Tribune